Tom Poff Catfish Derby Rules
Adult Derby Rules
1. Tom Poff Catfish Derby Contestants must register before fishing. Contestants must present their government issued ID when weighing fish and accepting prizes. Registration will be held until 7:00am, Thursday, July 30, 2020 at the B&W Resort office on the Delta Loop at 964 Brannan Island Road - Isleton, CA 95641, or online at www.TomPoffCatfishDerby.com. Entries will not be accepted after 5:00pm, Thursday July 30, 2020.
2. Tom Poff Catfish Derby Contestants must possess a current California Sport Fishing License (with Second-Rod Stamp if fishing with two rods). Fishing must be conducted under current California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations. Any contestant cited for a regulation violation during the Derby will be automatically disqualified.
3. Tom Poff Catfish Derby fish must be caught by hook and line only. Tackle, hook, lure, and bait combinations that conform to CDFW regulations are allowed. Unattended lines, those attached to floats, balls, trot lines, etc. are not allowed. Nets, spears, clubs, or guns are not allowed. Landing nets that conform to CDFW regulations are allowed.
4. Tom Poff Catfish Derby Contestants must catch and retrieve their own fish. Assistance by others with landing nets is allowed.
5. Tom Poff Catfish Derby fish must be caught within the boundaries of what is commonly known as the California Delta.
6. Tom Poff Catfish Derby fish must be caught and presented for weigh-in before 5:00PM on Thursday, July 30, 2020. Weigh-in is at the Derby Headquarters located at B&W Resort – 964 Brannan Island Road - Isleton, CA 95641.
7. Tom Poff Catfish Derby Prizes will be awarded based on the weight of an individual contestant’s heaviest fish. The heaviest fish caught wins the prize. In the event of ties, the prize money will be divided by the winners. Contestants may catch and weigh-in multiple fish, but only the heaviest fish will be counted.
8. Only live catfish will be weighed and counted. The Derby committee encourages that fish be returned to the river after weigh-in, but contestants may keep their fish if they wish.
9. All fish weighed will be logged and will have a hole punched in their dorsal fins. Contestants will not be allowed to weigh-in fish that have a hole in their dorsal fin.
10. Individuals under 18 years of age entering the Derby must have an adult co-signer.
11. If fishing from a boat during the Derby, the vessel must have a current California registration, and any associated stickers required.
12. Entry fees for “no shows” will not be refunded, but can be applied towards next year’s Derby upon approval of the Derby committee.
13. Interpretation of these rules is at the discretion of the Derby committee. The committee reserves the right to disqualify any contestant found in violation of the rules. The committee may also disqualify any contestant that, in the opinion of the committee, has behaved in an unsportsmanlike manner.
Kids Derby Rules
1. The Kids Derby is open to individuals 15 years of age and under.
2. Kid entrants must have an adult co-signer.
3. Kids contestants are not eligible for prizes from the adult Derby.
5. Kids contestants must be accompanied by an adult when weighing a fish and the adult must co-sign the weigh-in sheet.
6. Kids must fish with their own rod and catch their own fish.
7. Adult assistance is limited to: